Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Direct reports: Two (at this point but subject to review)
Relates to: Internal: Hotel Cluster Managers/General Managers/Group Management Accountant
Location: 10 Penn Road, Beaconsfield, HP9 2LH
Starboard Hotels, including a subsidiary Starboard Dining, is a fast pace and dynamic business environment. The Finance function is growing considerably following a review and this is a key role in the expansion plans of the business.
A family run business that has seen major growth in scale over the last three years, which is continuing and diversifying, this role is considered critical to success and is at the heart of the organisation going forwards.
General Scope & Purpose:
To manage the central finance function of the hotels; to ensure that accurate management and financial accounts are produced consistently in line with company accounting policies and timetables.
You will work alongside the General Managers to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting.
Additional responsibilities include actively working with the senior team to undertake new development appraisals and monitor the capital expenditure for the existing hotels.
As a senior professional in the leadership team of finance, you will provide financial expertise in all aspects of financial reporting across the Group.
• Prepare monthly management reports and analysis, reviewing with General Managers
• Complete balance sheet reconciliations.
• Support of new openings and acquisitions to migrate properties onto current finance platforms.
• Cashflow management across all business accounts on a rolling basis ensuring IAT’s are carried out efficiently.
• Prepare supplier payment files for approval.
• Manage agreed suppliers' terms/compliance.
• Consolidation of reports and production of detail information and analysis on group liquidity/headroom. • Produce reports as required to meet the needs of the company.
• Oversee cash book and bank reconciliation, review statements and reconcile at month end.
• The production of monthly management report bundles and, through analysis, draft the Executive Summaries for Board review.
• Managing expenses, pension reconciliations and the statutory timetable of payments to third parties from payroll
• Meet statutory deadlines and strict business timeframes
• To be performance focused and deliver to objectives/KPI’s set.
Skills and Attributes required:
It will suit a capable, and skilled financial practitioner who is a self-starter; willing and able to set and meet challenging objectives.
Possessing strong influencing skills and the ability to work closely with colleagues outside the finance function, the successful candidate will:
• Be a qualified Accountant
• Have advanced skills in the use of MS products and particularly Excel
• Be able to think and act dynamically in response to business change; manage problems and assemble detailed financial reports to aid strategic decision making
• Have extensive experience and very strong evidence of successful cashflow management. Be organised and able to assemble detailed plans for business/operational need.
• Demonstrate a good knowledge of financial matters in the hospitality sector at Head Office or Group level or have a similar service industry background (preferably 2-3 years)
• To be a good leader and people manager: coaching and developing colleagues to meet performance objectives In addition, the following would be desirable:
• Experience of hotel new builds or the construction industry
• Accounts payable background
• Experience of working to Board level Equal Opportunities
To carry out all duties of the post in accordance with the Equal Opportunities policy of the Company at all times
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by their changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives.
• Life Insurance
• Support for professional development & training
• Access to “Perkbox” for discounts & rewards
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Corporate David Lloyd Membership Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• 28 days holiday including bank holidays