Receptionist, ibis London Gatwick
ibis look for people who are genuine, friendly, thoughtful and resourceful. Someone who puts people at the heart of everything they do. In the role of Reception, you will be an essential part of our front desk team to ensure that we deliver a high-quality guest experience . You will also be depended upon to handle transactions, offer local insights, and anticipate your guests’ every need to ensure that they enjoy a comfortable stay.
Overview of duties
"• Registers guest reservations
• Welcomes guests and takes care of them from their arrival through to departure
• Contributes to guests' permanent satisfaction by providing high quality services throughout their stay
• Helps meet the department's quantitative targets by carrying out sales initiatives"
• "The level of responsibility may vary according to the employee's next target qualification
in the Players multicompetence development programme (Qualified, Expert or Leader)"
• Welcomes guests as soon as they arrive with great care and attention
• Helps encourage customer loyalty by building friendly, personalised relationships
• Ensures that administrative procedures never take priority over guest relations
• Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into consideration
• Handles any guest complaints and/or remarks; provides a response as soon as possible, respecting the Ibis 15-minute contract
• Has an impeccable attitude which conveys the image of the brand and hotel "
Professional techniques / Production
"• Completes all tasks linked to the guest's arrival and departure in compliance with internal procedures
• Informs guests about any particular conditions or formalities during the stay, and about the services offered by the hotel
• Handles phone calls
• Passes information on as necessary to other departments (floor staff, technical etc) and to other members of the front-desk team
• Ensures that all the documents, products and provisions needed for the department and/or guests are available and up-to-date
• Handles reservations
• Prepares and serves snacks or breakfasts outside of the restaurant's opening hours."
Commercial / Sales
"• Promotes the range of services offered by the hotel to increase sales
• Applies and actively supports the hotel's pricing policy in order to increase REVPAR
• Promotes the brand and/or Group loyalty programme, adapting the sales pitch to suit the guest's needs
• Encourages synergy within the marketplace by applying the inter-hotel coordination policy. Advises guests on potential trips to other AccorHotels."
Management and administration
"• Respects the procedures concerning invoicing and cash operations
• Manages the cash under his/her responsibility
• May be asked to prepare and send reminder invoices to debtors
• Prepares certain accountancy and statistical information for the Deputy or General Manager"
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
"• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy
• Knows and applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Ensures the safety of the people and property within the hotel
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with a competitive salary, benefits package and performance-related bonuses.
If you have a passion for hospitality, and are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and guest satisfaction, you make a valuable addition to the vibrant team at the ibis London Gatwick. Please send your CV and any other relevant documentation to Marnix Teeken: firstname.lastname@example.org.