Guest Services Assistant, Holiday Inn Express Burnley
With more rooms in more places than any other hotel company, IHG provide more than 744,000 guest rooms globally, serving over 150 million guests each year. Our family of twelve trusted brands range from the friendly comfort of a city centre Holiday Inn hotel to the luxury of an award-winning InterContinental resort.
We are searching for a dynamic and talented Guest Services Assistant to join our team at the Holiday Inn Express, Burnley. This role represents a great opportunity for a passionate individual seeking an opportunity for personal and professional development in the hospitality industry.
This is a varied role and the ideal candidate will be as comfortable working within Food & Beverage which would include some cooking. You will provide service to guests, both at the bar and in the restaurant, be able to confidently recommend menu items and associated drinks, take payment or follow the charge to room process. You will be responsible for ensuring that the bar and restaurant areas remain in a clean and presentable condition. You must also be prepared to cover the Chef's days off and holidays, and provide additional support during busy periods.
The role will also include working on the hotel front desk answering the telephone, taking and making hotel reservations, providing clear and accurate information to guests both on the telephone and face to face ensuring that a "can do" approach is applied every time to ensure we deliver and exceed the hotel’s "Heartbeat" guests services scorecard.
· You will be confident, able to create conversion and build immediate rapports with our guests to promote return visits and bookings.
· Have catering experience as a cook/chef with equal amounts of passion for cooking as well as exceeding guest expectations on those a face to face opportunities
· Candidates must be able to demonstrate an ability to get to and from work on time
· The ideal candidate will be able to work flexible hours. This is a shift based role predominantly 7am - 3pm and 3pm - 11pm, shifts patterns although they can vary dependent on the needs of the business
· The ideal candidate should be able to work as an individual and as part of a team.
· Training will be provided throughout your probationary period in all departments
· Competitive rate of pay
· Government pension
· Employee IHG discounts
· Uniform provided.
· 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
This would be contracted hours employment. As part of the IHG group team members can accrue reward points gained through work achievement, these points can be exchange for a variety of know retailers or used within Inter Continental Hotels (IHG). The ideal candidate will be legally able to work behind a bar.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.30 /hour